POINSETTIA & WREATH SALE
Fundraising is a big part of what we do as a booster organization. The dollars your student earns through fundraising provide him or her with the best musical instruction experience possible. Through your hard work our students enjoy hands-on clinician experiences right in our own auditorium. Fundraisers also help repair instruments and purchase new equipment as needed. But that's not all. For many of our fundraising activities, a portion of your child's fundraising dollars go directly to his or her student account. This money can be used to help pay for trips, music lessons and supplies, like instrument repair, reeds, rosin, new strings and other music essentials. Your involvement in our fundraising process has a huge impact on the quality of our program! The following is an overview of our yearly fundraising calendar (exact dates can be found by clicking the button below or on the main calendar page).
KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS
Earn Community Rewards for the Band and Orchestra Boosters every time you use your Kroger Plus card! You get the discounts and the boosters get money back! Friends and family members who live in Michigan can sign up as well. Spread the word! You must renew your selected organization each year in August, so if you did not renew recently, please check your online account to make sure you have chosen North Farmington HS Band and Orchestra Boosters for your rewards organization. You can also check the bottom of your Kroger receipt to see if it says, “At your request, Kroger is donating to North Farmington HS Band and Orchestra Boosters.” If not, you need to re-enroll be doing the following:
• Visit www.krogercommunityrewards.com to enroll your card today, or to sign-up if you have not already created an account.
• Follow the directions to Enroll or Renew your organization. Search the list for North Farmington HS Band and Orchestra Boosters NPO #83120 as the organization.
• If you don’t already have a Kroger Plus card, you can sign up for one at any Kroger customer service desk.
The NFHS Boosters organization enhances the musical education of all band and orchestra students. Last year the Boosters raised over $20,000!!! Of this money, 80% went towards bringing clinicians into the classrooms. These are instrument experts who work directly with the students in small groups. The remaining 20% covers current gaps in the district funding for instrument repairs, uniform upkeeps, as well as any miscellaneous needs that arise.
In 2012, the Boosters changed their fundraising policy by increasing the percentage of profit the students can earn from each fundraising event. Students can also use their time earned as community service hours. The Boosters are trying to take that one step further by looking into the student being able to use their time earned toward their Raider Pin hours...stay tuned for more information.
We want to THANK YOU in advance for you time and effort, it is truly needed to make our fundraisers SUCCESSFUL!